Tuesday 5 August 2014

March 2014: CLOUD BUSTING by Malorie Blackman




It's a novel in verse, but don't let that put you off: short and very readable, with great discussion topics it's about being different, being brave, and being a true friend.


‘I enjoyed it. It told you about how things can easily change. I would recommend this book to a friend if they like short books. And they like poetry’

‘It was about a boy who was a bully and he wrote a poem about a boy he bullied. I enjoyed it because it was written in the way of a poem. It was very good’

‘I enjoyed it because I like that it’s made up of poems’

‘I enjoyed it because it was funny’

'It had a good meaning. I’d recommend it to a friend, because it helps friendship’

‘I enjoyed it because it is very dramatic. It was about a kid called Sam who was forced to play with Davey. Davey has a very good imagination.’

‘I liked it because of the drama’

 We wrote a poem together, one line each, inspired by reading Cloud Busting. Here it is:

50 per cent of life is all right
30 per cent is rubbish
Twenty percent is really great

Isn't life ...

An ice cream with a cherry on top
A cake with a scoop of ice cream
A big tub of Ben and Jerry's with big chocolate chunks
A rubber band ready to be
Pulled back and flung
A bar of chocolate covered in fudge
A never ending dream
Fast paced just like Paris
Life has nothing to do with spinach
Life is like junk food
Like kids resting under the sky cloud busting
I don't know what life is
A bread stick
Whizzing down the hillside feet off pedals
Climbing to the tallest branch of your favourite tree
and looking down at the tiny world below
A jigsaw ready to be solved
A button ready to be sewn
A mystery wherever you go
A goal ready to be scored
A water park with all the scariest rides
A fish ready to be caught
A baby in a silk dress

No comments:

Post a Comment